Peel Community Legal Services has joined the St John First Responder program.
We have purchased, installed and will maintain an Automated External Defibrillator at the entrance to our office.
We have been able to do this through St. John Ambulance WA and the Lotterywest Heart Grant.
Thank you to both organisations for assisting us in providing access to this potentially lifesaving equipment in our community.
Community First Responder program
The St John Ambulance WA Community First Responder program creates a direct link between St John Ambulance WA, the triple zero (000) call centre, local communities and organisations.
This direct link enables individuals to provide immediate assistance to cardiac arrest victims in that time critical period before an ambulance arrives – when it matters most.
Community First Responder works
In the event of a sudden cardiac arrest, the flow of events is:
- A person suffers a sudden cardiac arrest
- Bystanders call triple zero (000)
- An ambulance is dispatched
- The first responder is called by the St John Ambulance triple zero (000) call centre and deployed
- Or caller is advised of the Defibrillator location
- The first responder carries out CPR and applies the Defibrillator if necessary
- An ambulance arrives and paramedics take over the care of the patient